A large insurance management company is seeking an Assistant Financial Account Manager, to assist and manage in the day to day financial administration of a range of insurance licensed entities
- First point of contact for clients in connection to accounting and investment matters.
- Liaising with clients to understand their reporting requirements and ensuring that all deadlines are met across the team.
- Review and interpretation of contractual documentation to determine the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Production and review of management accounts, statutory accounts, and other reporting requirements within pre-set timeframes.
- Reviewing payments and receipts. Monitoring of cash, fixed deposits, Letters of Credit and Trust Account levels and reconciliation of bank statements. Ensuring bank mandates, investment guidelines and board requirements are followed.
- Reviewing investment reports and analysis, including controlling and reconciling investment management purchase and sale contract notes, portfolios and calculation of capital gains and losses.
- Review of claims and reconciliation of claims bordereaux.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience within an accounting or financial environment, be a qualified accountant and have a good knowledge of insurance industry - products, regulations and developments.