A privately owned and independent trust company is looking for a STEP or ICSA qualified individual to join their growing team as a Trust Manager. The role holder will report directly to a Trust Director, and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage a team of administrators in all aspects of trust and company administration and have responsibility for the day to day running of the team and its systems
- Ensure that employee utilization and targets are met and that all internal and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Manage and delegate tasks to the team members and assist them with tasks and training as appropriate.
- Handle and resolve complex/unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred to from above and below.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with clients and intermediaries
- Responsible for team’s cash collection and debtor reporting
- Responsible for performance management and timely, effective completion of the teams’ appraisals
- Responsible for ensuring/facilitating the training and development of administration staff in the team Contribute to management meetings and the enhancement /development of internal practices and procedures
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills:
- Have a sound knowledge of trust and company administration, recording of financial transactions, understanding of financial reports and relevant regulatory requirements
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the trust industry
- A proven track record of client service excellence
- Evidence of successful client engagement experience
- Previous experience of successfully managing a team