A leading law firm is looking to recruit two paralegals to join their funds/corporate team, to provide legally sound and relevant support to the team and their clients across a variety of legal issues, including providing administration support where necessary.
- Meet an agreed target chargeable hours per day/week by way of client communication, various research and drafting simple legal documents
- Screen incoming telephone calls, taking and relaying accurate messages where necessary.
- Assisting the team with team-specific financials/matter management e.g. budgets, WIP, aged debt reporting
- Undertaking searches at Partner(s) request at an agreed chargeable rate
- Drafting and amending simple legal documents, notarial certificates and correspondence and preparing conveyance documents and plans for presentation in court at Partner(s) request and in line with your agreed chargeable rate
- Primary contact for team-specific legal and business services queries as the embedded team support
- Delegating administration tasks received from the Partner(s) and team as per the specific team workflow model
- Maintain and amend client records and contact names
- Ensure files are kept up to date (including filing of emails and correspondence) when active and that files are closed/archived once the matter is concluded
The desirable candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- A relevant Legal qualification - ideally LLB and/or LPC minimum
- Previous work experience in a Legal environment from a similar role, and local experience
- Strong academics
- Experience in working to tight reporting deadlines and meeting demanding client obligations
- Superior organisational skills and a proven ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team as well as on own initiative
- A high level of proficiency with IT business software packages, including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
They would typically be looking for those who are keen to track on to their trainee solicitor programme further down the line.