This legal firm has a vacancy for an experienced Legal Secretary, to provide secretarial and administrative support to a high standard, often under pressure and time restraints.
- Creating, editing, amending and storing of correspondence and Court documents, including the preparation of 'tracked' documents using the 'house style'.
- Scanning, photocopying and preparation of court bundles.
- Taking instructions from new clients, arranging meetings and lunches.
- Preparing regular invoices and liaising with the accounts department.
- File management -opening and closing of client files.
- Booking meetings and diary management.
- Maintaining and updating client contacts in the firm's database
- Arranging business travel.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent level of English both written and oral
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Hold a RSA Diploma in text/word processing /Secretarial and Administration Level 2 (or equivalent)/Legal Secretaries Diploma: The Institute of Legal
- Previous legal secretarial experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisation and administration skills