A local commercial company is looking to recruit a Temporary Financial Planning Analyst for 12 months, to support the Financial Planning and Analytics team in providing accurate, timely and relevant information to business users.
The role will include supporting and developing business users’ financial knowledge and skills.
- Assist in the co-ordination and production of the annual budget of the business and to monitor and report upon the actual results against budget throughout the year, summarising the results in a digestible format to assist managers in exercising effective financial control.
- Report and analyse financial performance in relation to income and revenue expenditure and to process general ledger journals as required.
- Report and analyse capital expenditure, to include investigations into over and under spends on capital projects and to assist with the closure of capital projects and to process project ledger journals as required.
- Assist in the creation of financial models as required in support of business activities and decisions.
- Assist in the financial appraisal of investment opportunities and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare and provide information and explanations to external stakeholders for compliance, regulatory and auditing purposes.
The desirable candidate will be ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified, or have equivalent relevant years of experience, can analyse and present numerical data effectively and have a minimum of intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Skills in Microsoft Power BI would be advantageous.
The successful role holder will also have experience in financial modelling principles and of computerised ledger accounting systems.