A large commercial company is looking to recruit a Temporary Financial Controller for 12 months, to manage the statutory and regulatory financial reporting of the Company ensuring compliance with statutory and legal obligations, and to ensure financial risks are managed through application of effective internal controls.
- Prepare both statutory and regulatory accounts for submission to relevant authorities and for publication as required.
- Act as the key contact for external auditors during statutory audit process.
- Ensure the accurate recording of accounting transactions and integrity of the accounting system including control of the period end closures and management of the balance sheet codes on the General Ledger to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to support Company goals and aims.
- Acts as an expert advisor and resource on the identification and implementation of accounting treatments and options available under UK Accounting Standards.
- Prepare all cash flow statements for the Company, ranging from daily to medium term projections and provide direct support for the daily treasury function.
- Assist in the production of the annual plan/rolling forecasts and submit input in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Assist the Head of Finance and Procurement with the development of the Company hedging strategy and to monitor the Company’s hedging requirements, obtain quotations and execute trades according to the hedging policy.
- Manage the administration of the Company bank accounts and ensure compliance reporting requirements are met in accordance with debt financing arrangements.
Applicants must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 5 years+ PQE preferably in a similar role in a commercial accounting environment, have a detailed understanding of the latest accounting standards, local company law and local taxation rules and have experience of computerised ledger accounting systems.