A global, diverse alternative investment management firm is looking to recruit an experienced European Compliance & MLRO Support Officer.
Support to the group companies under GFSC and FCA oversight:
- Maintain and implement company policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Liaise with other departments at Group level to ensure appropriate action and responses are taken when compliance issues arise.
- Prepare and or check required regulatory returns and ensure they are filed on time. Maintain the Corporate Calendar to ensure that key regulatory filing dates are not missed.
- Ensure European Group compliance with FATCA Rules.
- Maintain the complaints register.
- Respond to queries raised by regulators in European jurisdictions.
- Provide the board and senior management with reports and updates as to their responsibilities particularly as it relates to changes in legislation.
- Assist in companies’ secretarial work.
Compliance oversight of third-party service's to Group’s asset management business:
- Perform required annual oversight visits to third-party fund administrator(s). Assist with queries arising with regard to investors due diligence and investor risk rating.
- Assist with auditors’ queries in so far as they relate to compliance and due diligence.
- Assist in the review of various agreements that European Group Companies enter into.
The desirable candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar role, hold a relevant professional qualification, have strong communications skills and have excellent IT skills.